Effective Early Help for Families in Somerset
Date & Time:
Cost: Free course
This series of free online workshops have been developed by multiagency partners coming together to share their knowledge and expertise on how to best support families through Early Help and offers practical advice covering all of the core elements needed to prevent the needs of families escalating.
The workshops are being delivered online in ‘bite size’ sessions of 2hrs a week over 6weeks and covers:
- What is Early Help and Why is it Important for Families?
- How to Write an Early Help Assessment (EHA)
- How to Run a Team Around the Family (TAF) Meeting and Write a Plan.
- Direct Work Tools & Resources to Engage Children, Young People & Families.
- Help! I’m Stuck! What To Do When You’re Not Sure What To Do.
- Managing Endings and Promoting Sustainable Change.
Provide Attendees with practical advice and confidence to support families through Early Help involvement to work proactively to prevent the needs of families increasing.
By the end of this course participants will:
- Be able to understand the context and importance of Early Help
- Be able to complete Early Help Assessments which reflect the level of need for a family and identify support required to meet that need.
- Feel confident in running Team Around the Family meetings and writing Plans which allow for successful progression of involvement from services.
- Be equipped with a range of tools, resources and techniques to engage and support children, young people & families.
- Gain confidence in knowing how to progress involvement with families and steps to take to gain positive outcomes.
- Have a focus on maintaining the focus of involvements with a family and work to promote independence from services.