Reducing Parental Conflict - OnePlusOne - Digital Resources Training
Date & Time:
Cost: Free course
OnePlusOne are one of the countries leading experts in creating evidence-based early intervention resources to help people build and maintain healthy relationships.
With over 50yrs experience of delivering training programmes and working with professionals across local government, government, charities and businesses this training supports front line practitioners with resources to support when they come across parents in distressed or stressed relationships which impact on the wellbeing of their children.
You will be trained in the use of three digital resources designed to reduce parental conflict with three different audiences:
• Me, You and Baby Too - for new parents
• Arguing better - for parents experiencing stress and conflict
• Getting it Right for Children - for separating or separated parents
Having constructive, supportive relationships has never been more important. These evidence-based resources have been built to help couples strengthen their relationship and manage their conflict better, and to help separated parents understand how conflict can affect their children.
Who is the training for?
This training is for anyone who works with parents or families.
What can I expect to learn?
The sessions aim to enhance your knowledge, understanding, skills, and confidence to work with parents. By the end of the training you will be able to:
• Raise parents’ awareness of the issue of parental conflict.
• Use digital resources to help parents recognise conflict.
• Enable parents to develop positive communication skills and helpful conflict behaviours.
How is the training delivered?
This is a digital training, which takes place on Microsoft Teams.
It is delivered over two consecutive half-days. Each day’s training is three hours.
• The impact of parental conflict on children’s outcomes.
• Background to the design of the digital resources.
• Introduction to OPO digital resources.
• A chance to explore the digital resources for yourself.
• Skills for working with parents.
• Further help and support.
What do I need to know before the training starts?
There are a couple of things to be aware of before the training starts:
• We want to see and hear you. Please turn on your camera and microphone at the start of the training as we value your participation and contributions.
• You will be given a chance to explore the three digital resources – please be aware that these won’t work on Internet Explorer, so it’s best to use an alternative browser such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari. If you usually use Internet Explorer, you should find that Microsoft Edge is already installed on your computer.
During the training, you will be given access to a digital practitioner guide and other helpful documents to support you when using the digital resources with parents.
This is a regional wide limited specialist training offer with partners from Somerset, N.Somerset, BaNES & South Gloucestershire in order to gain access to these specialist resources and champion their use across each area.
Please note that spaces on this training are limited to just 5 people from each geographical area and so if you are signing up for it please ensure that you can attend.
This course if free to attend, however a fee of £70 will be applied in cases of late cancellation (within 48hrs of course start) or non-attendance, in accordance with our T&C's.
|Restriction||Available||Applicable to you|
|North Somerset||No Limit|
|S. Gloucestershire||No Limit|
|Local Authority: Public Health Nursing||0|