Advanced Child Protection (Interagency) 2-day
Date & Time:
Cost: £150.00 per person
2-day courses running as of 1st April 2022 - £155.00 per person
NB – This course was previously known as “Working Together to Safeguard Children – Safeguarding Lead Role” and has changed its title in order to provide consistency across the Avon & Somerset Region. This training and certification is still valid and the course content remains the same.
In order to qualify to attend this course you must have completed the Introduction to Child Protection (Interagency) Course within the last 2 years.
If in doubt please contact SSCPTraining@somerset.gov.uk prior to booking.
This two-day course provides staff, who have a responsibility for completing safeguarding assessments and requesting the involvement of other services, or holds a designated role within their organisation or setting, with an unrivalled opportunity to unpick process and procedure in assessing ‘the right service, in the right place, at the right time’.
Participants are taken through an interactive case study designed to provide the maximum opportunity to consider how a multi-agency approach to safeguarding provide the best care for our children and young people within Somerset. A must if you have you have a responsibility in an advisory role or training delivery within the organisation, or simply want to develop a greater understanding of how Working Together to Safeguard Children July ’18 is translated into practice.
This course is ‘experiential learning’ and participants will be expected to take an active role in their learning and sharing practice.
- This course will provide an opportunity for participants who have already received basic child protection training to improve their understanding and knowledge of their own and other’s responsibilities.
- It will be an opportunity to explore with colleagues from other organisations the challenges and benefits that exist in working in a multi-agency system and to promote and improve inter-agency best practice.
By the end of this course participants will:
- have a sound understanding of principles and processes for effective collaborative inter-agency work
- communicate and develop inter-agency working relationships to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people
- understand the contribution made by other key agencies to safeguarding children
- understand legal and organisational frameworks, including levels of accountability of decision making
- have an understanding of their own professional responsibility in relation to child protection.
|Restriction||Available||Applicable to you|
|Somerset: Local Authority: Public Health Nursing||No Limit|