Raising Awareness of Child Exploitation
Date & Time:
Cost: Free course
A half-day course for practitioners working with children and young people in Somerset to raise awareness of child exploitation.
Applicants do not have to attend other SSCP courses to apply.
To understand the experiences and practice issues that relate to children and young people who are at risk of exploitation.
By the end of this course participants will:
- be able to define and understand child exploitation
- be able to identify risk indicators that a child is being/or is at risk of being exploited
- have considered which vulnerabilities contribute to a child being at risk of exploitation
- be aware of the different models of child exploitation
- recognise the links between going missing and exploitation
- understand young people’s behaviors in the context of perpetrators’ abuse
- know what safeguarding steps to take if they suspect a child is being exploited
- raised awareness of County Lines and the risks posed to children and young people
This course is facilitated by Androulla (Andri) Nicolaou
Prevention Officer and Coordinator, Topaz Child Exploitation Team (Child Sexual & Criminal Exploitation), Avon and Somerset Constabulary