Recognising, Understanding & Responding to Neglect A Practical Guide to Using The Family Strengths & Needs Toolkit
Date & Time:
This half day online workshop has been designed to give participants practical knowledge on how to use Somerset’s Neglect Toolkit to effectively engage with families on this challenging subject, using the tool to identify and quantify concerns relating to neglect and develop plans to safeguard children.
This course is open and suitable for all frontline practitioners in Somerset and also acts as the ½ day follow up course for practitioners from Children Social Care who have previously attended a full day Recognising, Understanding and Responding to Neglect theory based training.
Provide Attendees with practical, working knowledge of how to use Somerset’s Neglect Toolkit to address concerns relating to children living in neglectful situations.
By the end of this course participants will:
- Identify where neglect exists and at what level so that support can be targeted in the right areas
- Help track improvements and prevent deterioration or drift
- Link to effective support for children and families guidelines
- Support working in partnership with parents to identify areas of strengths, levels of concern and to be clear with families as to what needs to change
- Focus and target intervention
- Link with strengths based, solution focused and relationship-based practice
|Restriction||Available||Applicable to you|
|Local Authority: Public Health Nursing||No Limit|