Introduction to Child Protection (Inter-Agency) (£90)
Date & Time:
Duration Whole day
Target Audience: Practitioners and managers who work directly and indirectly with children and families. Priority will be given to staff who have a lead /designated role within their organisation.
This is a one-day introduction course for practitioners to gain a good understanding of the basic issues relating to the protection of children. The course is Quality Assured by the Somerset Safeguarding Children's Partnership (SSCP)
The aims of this course are:
- To provide an introductory level of knowlege and understanding about child abuse.
- To provide a local and national perspective, and to know what to do if you suspect that a child is being abused
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the different types of child abuse and the ways that they can affect children.
- Have a basic understanding of the way that key agencies work to protect children.
- Have a clear understanding of the Somerset child protection procedures
- Have an opportunity to develop better inter agency working partnerships and consider the unique responsibility that each has in the protection of children.
- Have an understanding of their own professional responsibility in relation to child protection.
NB - This course is run by Somerset Centre for Integrated Learning in partnership with the SSCP. Clicking on the booking link will take you to the SCIL webpage where you will be able to book you place.
Delegates from Children Social Care wishing to attend an Introduction to Child Protection course should book directly through SCC system - The Learning Centre.